Hello, WLC gift wrappers!
It's that time of year -- the schedule for the Washington Literacy Center's annual gift wrapping campaign at Politics and Prose is now open. Each year, more than 200 volunteers make this a signature occasion to renew old acquaintances and catch up on the year's events while raising money to support WLC and spread awareness of the literacy challenges faced by too many adults here in the District.
My name is Janet Hodur, and I'll be your point of contact for the 2017 campaign. Long-time wrappers may remember me as your coordinator from years ago! I'm very excited to be back and able to help out this season. This year, we'll be wrapping from November 24 through December 30. As always, no gift wrapping expertise is necessary -- you just need to bring your holiday spirit, good cheer, and desire to help make the world a little better for those less fortunate.
Let's get started:
1. Click on the attached schedule for openings.
2. Reply to email@example.com with your selections. NOTE: If you want to wrap with a friend, family member, or colleague, please include their name(s) and email address(es) as well. I will add names together and send confirmation to all relevant parties.
3. The schedule will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so get those preferences in early to secure the shifts of your choice!
4. NOTE: As in years past, we will be wrapping at Politics and Prose's flagship store at 5015 Connecticut Avenue NW. Are you also available to wrap at Politics and Prose's new location at the Wharf? Please mention this in your email and we'll get back to you as we explore this possibility.
Once you've sent your request:
1. I will email to confirm availability or propose alternate selections if a time is unavailable. Attached to that email will be instructions for your shift.
2. I will email again one to two days before your shift to reconfirm, and connect you with your teammate (if you did not sign up with someone) and others who will be volunteering that day.
This project raises critical funds to support the great work the Washington Literacy Center does each day, all year, and it simply wouldn't be possible without you. We look forward to having you join us for the 2017 campaign, and thank you for your continued commitment!
With much appreciation,
Gift-Wrapping Campaign Coordinator
Washington Literacy Center